Flammable Liquid Vapors

Vapors from flammable liquids like gasoline, paints, solvents and adhesives are heavier than air and can travel great distances along the floor. The burner or pilot light of a gas or electric appliance can ignite these vapors.

Do not use or store flammable liquids or combustible materials near your appliances or inside your home. 

Store flammable liquids outside in tightly closed containers recommended by the manufacturer, away from gas or electric appliances, where children cannot reach them.

Keep combustible materials, like cloth rags and paper, away from water heaters, furnaces and other gas or electric appliances.

If you smell smoke or see a fire, leave the building and call the fire department or 911.

What to do if you suspect a natural gas leak

Use your senses – your nose, eyes and ears – to stay safe. Learn more.

Excavator Safety Brochure

Know what’s underground. For contractors and anyone using excavating equipment, read the excavator safety brochure for advice and tips on what to look for and how to stay safe.
  • 811Call 811 before you dig.

  • Phone Customer Service Service: 1-800-700-2443

  • EmailEmail Customer Service
  • To report a natural gas leak or emergency, leave the area immediately and call us at
    1-800-959-LEAK (5325). Or call 911.