We understand that sometimes bill pay assistance is needed. We want to make it easy for you, so we are providing information to help.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) & Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Programs (CEAP)
LIHEAP is a federally funded program that provides low income home energy assistance. The funds are distributed among several programs including the Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP).
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs has modified the program to allow both gas and electric bills to be paid, up to $1,600, through the end of 2020.
In order to apply for CEAP assistance, you will have to contact a participating community action agency. Texas has multiple agencies throughout the state that qualify residents and distribute funds. You can dial (877) 399-8939 or 211 or visit www.211Texas.org to reach a community agency in your area.
To apply, please locate your service area and reach out to the local agency. Below are the organizations that Texas Gas Service has a partnership with for LIHEAP funds. Reach out to the agency in your area for more information, qualifying guidelines and applications.
Please note: Having an online Texas Gas Service account may help speed up the documentation part of the process. Your online account will display a graph showing the annual consumption as well as access to previous statements that are downloadable. All of which will be needed for your CEAP application.
To set up an online account, click here or call us 800-700-2443 for assistance.
Panhandle Community Services
- (855) 459-3716
CENTRAL TEXAS SERVICE AREA
Travis County Crisis Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP)
- Travis County CEAP website
- (512) 584-4120
- Application for Assistance
- Solicitud de asistencia
- Applications for assistance with rent, mortgage, or utility bills are accepted at all seven locations from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please include as many of the required documents as possible when you turn in your application. Once received, your application will be placed on the waiting list for that site. When your turn in line comes up, a case worker will call you to discuss your application and next steps.
Community Action Inc. of Central Texas
- (512) 392-1161
- COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Roxanne Cruz (Luling) - Case Manager
- (830) 875-3707
- Martha Flores (Lockhart) - Administrative Assistant
- (512) 398-4420
Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties
EL PASO SERVICE AREA
- (915) 562-4100
- Website (Info and Application)
- (915) 298-7307
GALVESTON SERVICE AREA
Galveston County Community Action Council, Inc.
- (409) 762-8418
NORTH TEXAS SERVICE AREA
Texas Neighborhood Services
- (817) 598-5700 EXT: 1010
- The TNS CEAP is administered in the following counties of North Central Texas: Erath, Hood, Parker, Palo Pinto, Johnson, Somervell and Wise Counties. If you are seeking electric, gas or propane assistance, please fill out the application and you can either submit it by email, regular USPS mail, or in person at one of our locations. (Currently in person applications are not being taken at our locations due to COVID-19 crisis. Please use e-mail or USPS to submit your applications.)
- 2020 Application
Rolling Plains Management Corporation
- (940) 684-1571 EXT: 238 (Preference is for clients to call)
- Jack County, Stephens County and Young County ONLY.
PERMIAN SERVICE AREA
West Texas Opportunities, Inc.
- (800) 245-9028
- Pecos: (432) 447-2277
- Monahan: (432) 943-2624
- McCamey: (432) 248-0382
PORT ARTHUR/JEFFERSON COUNTY/BEAUMONT SERVICE AREA
Greater East Texas Community Action Program (GETCAP)
- Emergency & Energy Assistance
- Jefferson County
- (866) 550-0282 or (409) 886-4338
- If you have a disconnect notice or this is an emergency, YOU CANNOT APPLY ONLINE. Please call (800) 621-5746.
RIO GRANDE VALLEY SERVICE AREA
Community Action Corporation of South Texas