Read Your Meter
Finding Your Gas MeterThe first step is finding the meter associated with your home or business. Most of the meters for Texas Gas Service are located above ground, along property lines or in the utility easement. However, sometimes they’re in or close to your house or building. Still searching? Just call our Information Center at 800-700-2443.
How to Read Your Gas Meter
Tracking your natural gas usage is easier than you might think. These three notes will help guide you through it.
- Left to Right: Read the needle in each dial, starting with the one that's farthest left.
- Back in Time? - Note that some numbers are shown in a clockwise position on the dials, while others run counterclockwise.
- Behind the Needle - Record the last number the needle has passed, even if the needle has almost reached the next higher number.
View the sample meter faces below.
Ready to Report
Once you’ve recorded your numbers, you have a couple easy ways to submit them to Texas Gas Service.
On Our Website:
- Log in to view your account
- Click on My Account
- Select Meter Reading
- Enter your current reading
- Click OK to submit reading