Central Texas Natural Gas Vehicle Program
Reduce Emissions & Upgrade Your RideTexas Gas Service is pleased to offer incentives for business purchases of dedicated or bi-fueled NGVs and compressed natural gas (CNG) fueling stations.
Better for the Planet and Your Wallet
- CNG is one of the cleanest alternative fuels available.
- NGVs produce only about 5-10 percent of the emissions allowable.
- Use of CNG instead of gasoline or diesel can help reduce carbon dioxide emissions by up to 30 percent and carbon monoxide by as much as 85 percent.
- CNG also won’t contaminate ground water, so refueling station owners don’t have to be concerned about possible leaks from underground tanks.
Half the Price of Gasoline
- As for performance, CNG is typically about half the price of gasoline and offers higher octane.
- Because CNG is so clean-burning, NGVs require less-frequent oil changes and generally tend to have a longer engine life than gasoline-powered vehicles.
CNG Rebates Available Now
- CNG vehicle rebates are available to individual Texas residents, as well as commercial or industrial companies doing business in Texas.
- The eligible rebate will be exclusively for NGVs tagged, titled and licensed by the Texas Railroad Commission for use on public streets and highways within Texas.
- Rebate amounts will not exceed the purchase price of the vehicle or home-refueling unit.
Available Rebates and Incentives
Natural gas vehicles offer a variety of environmental and economic benefits.